About our Professional Force
Columbus Regional Airport Authority police officers are responsible for the protection of life and property, prevention of crimes and the preservation of peace and order at John Glenn Columbus International, Rickenbacker International and Bolton Field airports and surrounding areas. They enforce laws, ordinances and regulations of the state of Ohio, City of Columbus and the Columbus Regional Airport Authority, as well as federal aviation regulations and TSA security directives.
Columbus Airport Police vision
- Achieve a working environment that fosters pride, creativity and individual achievement.
- Be innovative in the accomplishment of our duties and become the acknowledged leader in airport safety and security.
- Earn the respect of our community by consistently providing high-quality safety and customer service.
- Certification by Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission
- 12 weeks of field training
- Annual state mandated training and proficiency testing
- In-service training
- Training for specialized assignments such as investigative, canine, bicycle patrol, among others
- Specialized training for individual growth and development
In an effort to raise awareness among local citizens and children about public and personal safety, service by Airport Police periodically extends beyond our airports. Officers frequently participate alongside other police departments in local activities such as Cops for Kids, festivals, competitions and job fairs.