Labor Day weekend is a popular time for many to squeeze in that last summer vacation. Whether you’re planning a trip for the long weekend, or planning something further down the road, make sure you are Beyond Ready with these travel tips.
Before booking travel
Find a destination:
- View current nonstop destinations from Columbus
- Check for travel advisories and destination-specific COVID-19 risk
While preparing for your trip
- Sign up for ezPark
- Check your airline mileage accounts for any credits from trips cancelled in 2020
- Get your Real ID by May 3, 2023
- Register for, or renew, TSA PreCheck
- Make sure your passport is up-to-date, and download Mobile Passport to streamline your entry to the US
- Learn more about how to expedite the line at security, immigration and customs with Global Entry
Before you get to the airport
- Perform a personal health assessment - don't travel if you have any COVID-19 symptoms
- Familiarize yourself with new TSA guidelines
- Contact your airline for up-to-date travel info
- Check to see what parking, dining and retail options are available at the airport
- Consider packing extra masks, hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to use throughout your journey (if you need masks while traveling through, we have free masks available at our information desk on the ticketing level)
At the airport
- Once you arrive, start wearing your face mask, including on shuttle buses
- Keep six feet of distance between yourself and others, as able, to cut down on physical contact
- Wash your hands and sanitize often
- Reduce contact using mobile options
Aboard the aircraft
- Wear your face mask and practice good sanitization
- Enjoy the ride!
Arrival at your destination
- Be aware of local, state and territory travel restrictions (including test requirements, stay-at-home orders and quarantine requirements)
- Keep distance from others not in your traveling party, as able, and frequently wash and sanitize your hands
- Self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms - isolate and get tested if you develop symptoms
- Contact your airline if you run into any issues
- Tag your travel photos on social media using #FlyCMH so we can share in the excitement of your travels once again!
Visit FlyColumbus.com/beyondready for more helpful resources to prepare you for your next trip.