'Tis the season!
Do you hear what I hear? Our passengers are in our airports, ready for holiday travel!
City sidewalks, busy sidewalks, dressed in holiday style
Thanksgiving this year saw travel numbers like we haven't seen in a while, and the winter holidays are showing more of the same.
Face unafraid the plans that you've made... whether you're walking in a winter wonderland or not
Whether you're heading home, to the beach or to the North Pole, remember to:
- Visit FlyColumbus.com/beyondready to make sure you're beyond ready to enjoy a healthy trip.
- Download a mobile boarding pass from your airline to skate through ticketing.
- Check the weather forecast so you're ready to go over the river and through the woods.
- Visit our parking webpage for all of our parking options (if you're flying out of Rickenbacker International, check their parking options online as well)
- Go to FlyColumbus.com if you need special assistance like a Journey Care Kit that helps travelers with visible and hidden disabilities.
Make your list and check it twice
- To make sure you don't accidentally bring prohibited items to the airport, start with an empty bag when packing.
- You can bring up to 12 ounces of liquid hand sanitizer in carry-on bags. All other liquids in your carry-on must be 3.4 ounces or less.
Although it's been said many times, many ways
- Masks are required on shuttle buses, in the airport and aboard aircraft — and bring extras for your trip and return journey.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
- Check your flight status, sign up to receive text alerts from your airline or contact your airline for up-to-date flight information.
- Keep in mind that CMH parking lot shuttles depart for the terminal every 15-18 minutes, so plan accordingly!
- Sign up for ezPark to get in and out of CMH parking lots and garages easily every time you fly.
- To stay in good cheer, avoid the holiday rush by arriving two hours before departure for domestic flights, or three for international flights. Give yourself the gift of time as you go through ticketing and security.
Now bring us some figgy pudding
- Shop and get something to eat at the airport — just make sure to check current shop and restaurant hours.
- Bring the chestnuts, but save roasting them on an open fire for later. Follow TSA's list of permitted food items.
- Save money, and the planet, by bringing an empty water bottle and filling it up at a post-security water station.
When the weather outside is frightful!
It's that time of year! Check on your flight status and allow yourself extra time so you don't have to rely on Rudolph to make your holidays joyful.
There's no place like home for the holidays
...but sometimes it's good to get away with an easy nonstop flight from Columbus.
We wish you a merry...
Hanukkah, Las Posadas, Winter Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and all the celebrations in between!