With spring break just around the corner, many people are gearing up for air travel to their favorite vacation destinations. To make your upcoming air travel as smooth and stress-free as possible, we've compiled a list of tips and tricks to help you arrive at your destination feeling refreshed and ready to enjoy your vacation.
- Make a parking plan by visiting our parking options webpage to view options including newly added spaces and expanded electric vehicle charging in the CMH garage. Treat yourself by having Vohnt car care service and detail your vehicle while you’re away. Or let our 24/7 Curbside Valet team take care of the parking.
- Download your airline’s mobile app to receive flight status updates. While your destination might be sunny and clear, weather in other parts of the nation can impact your flight. Check with your airline for up-to-date flight information so you can get to your destination as soon as possible.
- Start with empty bags when packing to avoid bringing any prohibited items through security. Nationwide, TSA is discovering increasing numbers of firearms, usually packed by accident. Passengers who attempt to bring a firearm through a checkpoint may be fined up to $15,000, charged with reckless trespass, lose eligibility for TSA PreCheck, and have the firearm seized. Find out what you can bring through security on TSA's website.
- Arrive early, at least 90 minutes before departure for domestic flights, or two hours for international flights. Give yourself time to enjoy restaurants and shops, including the recently opened Astor Park exchange located pre-security and the newly renovated Wolfgang Puck Kitchen Counter on Concourse B.
- It’s never too soon to start planning your next trip! Columbus travelers now have access to 50 nonstop destinations from CMH and LCK. Visit FlyColumbus.com for a complete list including several recently launched seasonal destinations. Check out our FAQs to get some of your questions answered and follow us on social media for the latest information.
- Enjoy the ride and don't forget to share your travel photos with us! It's a must